Wednesday, 30 June 2010

Thinking inside the box

For the final two weeks in class I thought my students could do with a bit of a challenge, after all they had been with me for 30 weeks and I needed to go out with a bang! I spotted these delightful exploding boxes whilst browsing the net. Elaine seems to have made a whole new art form out from creating boxes.The first one is a theme close to my heart no ...not chocolate but something very near cupcakes(might try chocolate next time).
Then I did one for the men (or ladies) who like their cars/bikes

Finally a delicate butterfly box

To find out how to do these pop over to Elaines.
ps my students loved these and came up with lots of ideas Christmas, babies, weddings 21st etc
so I think i might be repeating this lesson next year.
Materials use, Stamps Little Claire-cars, Hero arts- cupcakes, Butterflies- Cavallini,
City scene- Rollagraph Flourish- Crafty Individuals
Papers- DCWV- Nana's nursery boy
acetate and assorted punches

Thursday, 24 June 2010

A little birdie told me.....

This week in class I have been teaching the tri-shutter card. These are really easy to make as they are basically a tri -fold card with two horizontal cuts. For all the instructions hop over to Splitcoaststampers and follow the pictures. What I like about this card is that it can be used for lots of different occasions and they look so impressive.

For the birdie card I've used DCWV Nana's Nursery Boy paper, Hero Arts birds and bird cage stamps, Tim Holtz die cut flowers.

The anniversary card is made using Basic Grey Sugar Rush paper, Doodle heart stamps (which I love) from Purple Onion all from 3djeans.

Tuesday, 15 June 2010

I'm back

Hi folks sorry I've been absent but you know how things and life get in the way of blogging! So I'm going to try really really hard to post the stash of stuff I've got to show you. I'm starting with a canvas bag that we made at my glue and stick group (very little glueing and sticking took place) but hey you know what I mean. The block of colour on the background was done by ironing, yes ironing sheets of paper that I had painted with the papers were painted with Disperse dyes from Kemtex. Then using templates the birdcage and birdie were stitched onto the bag. The flower was made by roughly cutting out circles of chiffon and shrunk using a heat gun.
If you want to see more pop over to Gail's.