Friday 5 November 2010

Another finished UFO

Yes the titles correct another FINISHED UFO has gone from my shelf. This was a three week project we did at Crafty Individuals. I think Jean was expecting us to do it over 2 weeks but we had other ideas. Anyway I set to during the school half term and finished it.   

The frame is made from foam board which we covered with a structured gel medium and stamped into it to get the texture. Once dry we sponged on inks/paints to get the desired effect.
Whilst we were waiting for the paint/ to dry we covered the square with a range of images, papers/card, charms etc to make up the square. Squeezing those squares back into the frame was quite a challenge!

The tree and swirls were painted with crackle paint and when dry I used a pearly ink to add a bit of twinkle.
Finally I edged the plaque with white german scrap and a row of beading.
I've hung my picture with ribbon.

I love making these as anything goes and you can make a mistake and nobody knows! (wow that rhymes)

Thanks for dropping by


6 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful babe, love the colours and the layout :)
    *hugs* Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! Well done on getting it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab creation, love all the elements and colour !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Janet. I so wish I lived nearer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, just beautiful (sigh)
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.