Sunday 10 June 2012

Father's Day cards

It's almost that time again when crafters have to start digging deep for ideas for the dreaded "men's cards". I don't know why  but most cardmakers struggle with cards for our men folk. I have a double whammy as 12 days after Father's Day it's my husband's birthday. I haven't started on his cards yet but I have made a couple of cards for my hairdresser. the first is a nice easy step card and  I've coloured the LOTV image with watercolour pencils.

This one is made with one of my favourite papers by Pion which you can get at 3djean. These papers are fabulous, double sided and some of the sheets are quartered, which is ideal for me as I like to make square cards.    
 My latest fad is to decorate the inside of my cards to match. The butterflies, watch and stamp are on the reverse of one of the Pion sheets.
Ok so I've made a start now I just need to make my husband's card .... .....but first a cup of tea and a slice of cake.
Thanks for popping by.

2 comments:

  1. Do I recognise that card?.... The inside looks as good as the outside...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you have adapted Sat workshop card !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.